Current research projects.
My Google Scholar Profile is here.
- State repression in the digital age. (Book Project).
- Connectivity and Strategic State Repression.
- Women Combatants and the Politics of Gender-Based Repression in the Syrian Conflict.
- Killing bad news: international accountability and the treatment of the press. with Sabine Carey (University of Mannheim)
- From riot police to tweets: How world leaders use social media during contentious politics. with Pablo Barberá (USC) and Thomas Zeitzoff (American University).
- The Diversity of Non-state Armed Actors in Civil Conflicts: A new Dataset. with Sabine Otto (Uppsala University) and Adam Scharpf (University of Mannheim).
- Electoral Politics and Conflict. with Jóhanna K. Birnir (University of Maryland).
- Predicting unreported conflict fatalities with multiple recapture models
- Estimating Undocumented Deaths During the Syrian Conflict. with Megan Price (HRDAG) and Patrick Ball (HRDAG)